- The search will return results where the field searched contains all the keywords that you enter and they do not have to be next to each other.
- Putting an asterisk at the end of a keyword works as a wildcard. Searching for forest* shows results where the field searched contains forest, forestman, forestwoman, etc.
- Putting 2 or more keywords inside double quotes will show only items which have the words next to each other. Ex. searching for red arms will show items that have "black arms and red hands" but searching for "red arms" will show only items which have the exact string "red arms".
- Putting a minus sign in front of a keyword excludes results which contain that keyword. Searching for brick -sticker will return results where the field searched contains the word "brick" and does not contain the word "sticker". If you enter 2 or more exclusion keywords, the results will exclude items which contain any of the exclusion keywords that you enter.
- Common English words, single numbers and single letters are not indexed and are stripped from your search string if you search for them. The search results page will list any keywords that were excluded from your search in the navigation bar of the page. The bottom of this page lists all of these words called stop words.
The keyword search works as described above on the following pages:
- Catalog Items Search - An additional "whole field" search option is available. Since single numbers are not indexed in the main search, you can use this option to search for sets that have single digit numbers. Entering a set number followed by a dash and a sequential number (ex. 6008-1) will take you directly to the catalog detail page for the set.
- Items for Sale, Inside Store and My Inventory Search - If the 1st keyword or several keywords is a color name, the search will remove it from your search string and lookup items listed in that color instead.
- Catalog Items and Items for Sale Search - If the keyword is a number and at least 6 digits long, the system will search for a Part and Color Combination Code. If a code is found, the results will display the part in that color only. When searching for dimensions, ex. 2 x 3, you can search for either 2 x 3 or 2x3.
On top of each page is a quick search text box and a list of sections that you can search:
- Items for Sale - Enter a keyword to search items for sale. The Advanced Search has more search options.
- Store Name - Enter a keyword to search stores names. The Find Stores page has more search options.
- Catalog Items - Enter a keyword to search catalog items. The Catalog Search page has more search options.
- My Inventory - Enter a keyword to search my inventory. The My Inventory page has more search options.
- My Wanted List - Enter a keyword to search my wanted list. The Search My Wanted List page has more search options.
- Discussion Forum - Enter a keyword to search the forum. The Search Discussion Forum page has more search options.
- Help Topics - Enter a keyword to search the help center.
- Feedback Profile - Entering a member's username will take you to their feedback profile.
- Contact Member - Entering a member's username will take you to the contact form where you can contact that member.
- Member Address - Entering a member's username will show you their address and e-mail address. Works only if you have 1 or more orders with them not yet purged from the system.
- Order ID - Enter an order ID to view the order detail page for that order.
The following words are not indexed and are stripped from your search string if you search for them: