Build to Give
by Admin | Nov 09, 2020 16:59 EST
Help us bring joy to one million kids around the world! We are excited to be a part of the LEGO® Build to Give event where we encourage our fans to share their creativity and love toward the community by designing their own holiday ornaments. Your ornament design can be shared in the BrickLink Studio Gallery and any social media with #buildtogive and #bricklinkstudio. For every ornament submitted, the LEGO Group will donate a LEGO set to a child in need of play. Up to 1 million sets will be donated!
There are no submission criteria for your design; anything and everything is considered an ornament. Just be creative and share your love! Donations will be triggered based on individual builder’s social media post with #buildtogive and #bricklinkstudio.
Until the end of the year, we will be featuring this special Build to Give category on the Studio Gallery. Here you will have access to a variety of holiday ornament designs, so be sure to like your favorite ones! Most-liked designs will be selected to decorate our holiday tree page.
Start by designing any ornament using Studio.
Again, there is no size limit nor restrictions - feel free to use any parts to your liking.
Once ready, you may generate a rendering of your design with Studio’s built-in rendering engine. Feel free to play around with the settings to find the optimal render result for your design. Below are some recommended settings we have prepared for your convenience:
- Image Size: 1080 x 1080 (1:1)
- Render Quality: Very High
- Background & Light: Use “Build to Give Preset” with a background color of your choice
To adjust viewing angle of your design, simply use the Camera Setup tab. Take some time with all the different angles and zoom scales you can use and once ready, initiate the render!
To make a gallery posting with your design, please click the “Upload to MyStudio” button on the top right corner of the screen. Simply follow the prompts from there, enter title and description, and don’t forget to choose the ‘Build to Give’ category! Top-rated designs will be featured on our special digital tree page on a weekly basis.
Lastly, post the rendering of your model on any social media of your choice with both #buildtogive and #bricklinkstudio tags. This will help us keep track of all your creations and will be used to trigger the donations!
More BrickLink news
- We are extending the BrickLink Designer Program - 4 days ago, 2021-05-12
- Kicking off the BrickLink Designer Program 2021 - 60 days ago, 2021-03-17
- The return of the Designer Program - 150 days ago, 2020-12-17
- Looking to the future of BrickLink - 165 days ago, 2020-12-02
- Build to Give - 188 days ago, 2020-11-09
- Happy 20th Anniversary, BrickLink - 331 days ago, 2020-06-19
- Celebrating 20 Years of BrickLink - 334 days ago, 2020-06-16
- FAQ on BrickLink XP Beta Release - 376 days ago, 2020-05-05
- Beta Release of BrickLink XP - 382 days ago, 2020-04-29
1 Message in this Thread:
Msg 1 « - Admin, 188 days ago, 2020-11-09 to NEWS