About Me Pages: About LeTourbeux (182)
Bruno GILARD, 59 years old in 2019 (born in 1960), from Brioude, Auvergne, FRANCE.
AFOL only since August 2016.
I "fell in love" with an advertisement for the big #42055 Excavator, seen on Facebook...
But the first set I bought was the #10252 VW Beetle (Creator).
I have played a lot with LEGO trains or trucks in my childhood, in the late 60s, early 70s.
I don't remember my first set... :-)
At the beginning of 2017, I had about 70 sets, 80% of Technic, the remaining 20% being Creator Expert (vehicles, planes, modulars) and Architecture.
At the end of March 2017, I had 194 sets.
Today, in September 2019, I have almost 1030 sets, more than 820 different... ;-)
It's a real addiction !
Who will need a move because my current home is more than full...
I mainly collect Technic, and I have more than 380 currently.
But I'm also interested by almost all themes : Star Wars, Racers, Creator, City, Castle, Architecture, Speed Champions, Advanced Models, Pirates...
I especially like old Technic sets : for the 40th anniversary of the range (2017), I wanted to buy and redo all the different 1977 models.
And I also planned to redo all the 7 sets including the big 24x43 old Technic wheels.
I started recently to build MOCs of other AFOLs (RoscoPC formulas 1, for example).
I try to have systematically box and instructions in good condition, for each of my sets.
I use exclusively the 3 essential websites : Brickset, Bricklink and Rebrickable.
And I am active on several Facebook French groups of AFOLs, to discuss and share about our hobby.
This page has been viewed 229 times.